Home » It's Friday, Thoughts, Video

It’s Friday! And… Happy Birthday to Me!

31 October 2008 12 Comments

Yup, it's my birthday so bring on all the SPOOK jokes!  HA!  Nothing like being a Halloween baby huh?  So here i am, another year older.  Let's see, how do i feel to be 43?  I feel GREAT!  Other than a few aches and pains now and then haha!  Some days i feel like i've already lived a long life, with all that's happened in my past, but most days i feel like a big kid!  If you hang around me much, you may agree with that!  Do i act my age?  Probably not...  I love the saying...  "I have to grow old, but i'll NEVER grow up"  I guess society says people should act certain ways at certain ages, but not this ole boy.  As long as i can cut up, have fun, laugh, act stupid (that part comes easy), go dancing, play rock band or just whatever, then i'm gonna do it!  If the day comes to where i'm sitting at home not doing anything "because i need to act my age", somebody come and shake me and remind me of this post hahaha!

So what's wrong with a 43 year old man that still rides around town with the windows down and the bass cranked up?  What's wrong with LOVING a good rap song and sitting at the intersection wondering why people are staring at you because your music is shaking THEIR mirrors?  What's the matter with an older guy that loves to jam out on rock band and play games on the xbox 360 with friends?  Am i too old to go to the club and show the younger folks that this older guy can still half way get a groove on?  haha   I LOVE IT!  If you're reading this and shaking your head and thinking otherwise, then you old fuddy duds need to get out more!  As long as i have a mind and can think and can function, i'm gonna have fun!  I'm gonna be ME!  So in 30 years, if you see a 73 year old guy driving down the road with his hat on backwards, windows down and the Beastie Boys cranking on the radio....  it's probably me!

If you've been reading my blog, you already know that life for me began at 40 anyways... so i'm looking forward to the next 40 years!  I'll be the old guy at the club everybody is laughing and pointing at, but i'll be having me some fun haha!

Happy, loving life and why shouldn't i be?  I have a beautiful, wonderful, amazing, best friend and soul mate in Misty my fiance!  I have a beautiful daughter that i have gotten closer to and that's such a great feeling!  I have a grandson that i look so forward to watching grow up and doing things with and i love him so much.  I have a job, a home, a truck, a dog and JFG mayo in the fridge! (for you Philip)  I have great friends and family and i can get out of bed everyday and enjoy life!  Are things perfect?  Heck no, i'm human just like everyone else.  But i enjoy each day i have, i can get up and enjoy life and try and live every day to it's fullest!  Smile, laugh and try and make someone else smile and laugh!

So Happy Birthday to me!  haha

Sooooo, it's Friday and that means a video is coming right?  Ok, since i LOVE rap and hip hop, and since birthday's are a reflection of a person's beginning, i thought it only fitting to go way back to where it all started as far as rap music is concerned!  Even though they weren't the first rappers, the Sugar Hill Gang did have the first rap recording in 1979, Rapper's Delight.  i remember in school, there was a guy that had a huge box, um, not a cardboard box for those of you that don't have a clue. He would carry it on his shoulder when he walked from class to class, and he would play the bassline from Rapper's Delight. That bassline is from the group Chic's song "Good Times", and he would rap away, making up rhymes as he went.  I loved it and i still love it today!

So check it out!  Rap music has come a long way and has changed so much in so many ways.  Enjoy!
Oh, and the dancing in this video is HILARIOUS!

Sugar Hill Gang - Rapper's Delight

• Big Sis said:

Have a WONDERFUL birthday, little brother. Luv ya!!!

Thank you! And thanks again for the Family Tree book! I was sharing it with Misty last night and we both were feeling the knot on my head and trying to figure out the teeth/gum thing haha.. Love you!

HAPPY BIRRRRTTTHHHDDDAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

love you!

Thank you sweety! I love u 2!

• phizzle said:

Who cares about your age…Rapper’s Delight never ages…crank it up! I got it up here at work and I’m gettin goofy looks…HOTEL MOTEL HOLIDAY INN…IF YOUR GIRL STARTS ACTIN UP THEN YOU TAKE HER FRIEND!!..haha…love it!

hahaha… well i love it when i’m on the road, jammin and my head bobbin and somebody looks at me and i just smile and keep on bobbin haha.. sometimes they bob with me, sometimes they roll their eyes HA! They don’t know what they are missing out on!

• Elijah said:

Hip Hop is timeless – good Hip Hop that is.

Man it’s all about getting goofy looks for blasting music that others deem to in appropriate.

Try driving through the ghetto blasting heavy metal – that’s another good one!

Happy B-day man – I’m looking forward to 43!

43 is great!! haha

yeah really.. well, people need to step outside of their little box! ya know?!

• Money Making Ideas ~ Suzanne said:

Oh man! How did I miss this? Been gone all weekend and no computer time … hope it was great … AWESOME! *huGs* S

Thank you! Yeah same here! Celebrated all weekend! No computer! Misty did a GREAT job! I’m gonna try and do a post on it tonight if i have time!

• Penny said:

Happy Birthday little cousin!!! I say that because I’ll ALWAYS be older than you!!! ha ha! 44 in October! So, technically, you’re not old! I AM!!! Hope you have a great day AND you and Misty have a fun time tonight! (No pun intended!!!!! :) Love ya! <3

• It’s Friday - What’s in YOUR Water? Evian Roller Babies! | My Life as I See It said:

[...] and it’s also all over YouTube so you’ve probably seen it by now. Since the video features the song Rappers Delight from the Sugar Hill Gang, and since I LOVE me some old school hip-hop, and since I love how they did the computer generated [...]