Home » Duke Basketball

Duke vs Michigan – Part 2

7 December 2008 8 Comments

On November 21st of this year, Duke spanked Michigan 71-56.  Saturday December 6th, Michigan returned the favor beating Duke 81-73.  And actually, Duke played much worse than that score.  If Duke hadn't made those last 3 point attempts, the score would have reflected more of how sucky Duke played!

What's the old saying about Duke here lately??  Live and die by the 3!  Saturday we died!  3 of 27, that's how many 3 pointers Duke made Saturday and along with that, our defense was no where to be found!  I realize these are just kids and they have lives and schedules that most of us couldn't imagine, but they sure forgot to show up Saturday... what ever the problem was!

Yeah, some people will say, "it's good to lose"!  NOT!  I hate losing and i hate seeing my team play sucky basketball!  I say, Gerald Henderson needs to realize what kind of talent he has and use that explosive drive he has more than a couple of times in a game!  I say Duke needs to recruit a big man that has more than a 2" vertical leap!  With no inside game to speak of, Duke once again is having to rely on 3 pointers to survive.  And when those aren't there, we know what happens!  Even with no big man inside, ok, i will give Zoubek some credit, he is playing as hard as he can, bless his heart, we should still be able to have some sort of inside/outside game!  Maybe Duke will find themselves over the holidays before the ACC season kicks in??  If not, i'm afraid it's going to be a long season!

GO DUKE!

• Misty said:

awww, poor little dook has to suffer a loss. just wait til carolina gets a hold of them. he he he. love you, even if you are a dookie.

• Bethie said:

Dookie has always been a “live by, die by the 3″ team! glad to hear they lost…..haha! Go Heels!

Hey Misty and Bethie… i have two cheeks separated by a crack, KISS MY ARSE!! haha

• Duke vs Georgetown - Saturday January 17th 2009 | My Life as I See It said:

[...] another post that you can read about HERE, I mentioned how Gerald Henderson needed to be more aggressive and my gosh, he must have heard me [...]

• basketball workouts said:

This loss will feel like a tiny slap after carolina takes them to the wood shed for a good old fashion beating….haha

basketball workouts’s last blog post..Basketball Workouts

@ Basketball Workouts – haha.. well it definitely should be a good game to watch.. My fiance’ is a HUGE UNC fan, so it’ll be even more interesting for us..

Time will tell my friend.. feel free to come back and crow Sunday night after the game IF you win haha!

• basketball workouts said:

hey jake
    Great game on sunday. UNC just has too much size for Duke. They killed them on the boards. I won’t rub it in because I am sure that your fiance is doing a great job of that for all carolina fans.

maybe we will meet again in the acc tournament.

basketball workouts’s last blog post..Basketball Workouts

@ Basketball Workouts – Yo, I been waiting on you haha.. yeah at least it was a good hard fought game.. I agree, too much inside and too much Ty Lawson (again)!

Yeah Misty has been “pretty” good about it hahah.. the guys at work, not so good about! hehe.. I hope we do meet again! Maybe the 3rd time will be the charm!

Thanks for stopping by!