Home » Shop Jake's Favorites, Things I Recommend, Video

The New Flip Video and My Grandson “Special K”

29 December 2008 9 Comments

What is up everybody?!  Well today was the first day back to work after being off 5 days... man it was tough to go back after being off that long.. although i did only work a little over a 1/2 day because i had to attend a funeral.. funerals suck!

A while back i did a post on something i wanted... a Flip Mino Mini Camcorder.  I never did get one for myself because i knew that Misty wanted/needed one.  So for Christmas, Misty got a new Flip Ultra Video Camcorder!  Let me tell you, if you want an inexpensive but very sweet video camera, this thing ROCKS!  It does great video, it's very simple to use, it's small and lightweight and the built in software makes it very easy to view your videos or post them on places like AOL or YouTube.

As you can see from the pics, the Flip Ultra has a very sleek design and is very simple to use.  Press to start recording, zoom, press to stop, play your recorded videos, delete unwanted videos or videos you have saved to your computer  and scroll through your saved videos.  All of these functions are right at your finger tips and are very simple to use.  Slide a button on the side and the USB connector pops out and you can be viewing or uploading your videos to your computer in just a few seconds.  It comes with built in software and even has some pretty cool effects if you use the "Make Movie" feature in the software.

Here are the three most popular choices for the Flip Video Camcorder.

I went with the Flip Ultra for Misty because of the lower cost and the ability to use AA batteries.  The Flip Ultra does 60 minutes of video compared to 30 minutes on the Original Flip Video.  The Mino and the MinoHD have a few more features and have rechargable batteries but as you will see in the video below, the quality of the Flip Ultra is fantastic for a camera of this price!

After Misty opened the Flip Ultra on Christmas morning, i played around with it for a little bit.  I won't show you the other videos because Misty would kill me hahaha, but i did take a video of my Grandson Kyle in his new Rainforest Jumperoo that Santa brought him.  Now after you watch this video, think of all the wonderful memories you can record and share with your family and friends.

Misty better keep an eye on her new Flip Ultra video camera, because i'm going to be using it to video the Grandson, the pets, the Jake and anything else i can find hahaha.

Kyle Joseph aka "Special K" on Christmas Day - Click the link below to watch the video!

Kyle Joseph - Christmas Day

Get your Flip Ultra Video Camera and you can make flip videos too!

I can think of so many uses for this neat little camcorder.

• Children
  • Grand kids
  • Pets
  • Blog posts
  • Blog interviews
  • Parties
  • Sporting events
  • Vacation

Just about anything you can imagine!  Slip it in your pocket or purse and have it at your fingertips and ready to capture whatever your heart desires!

I've decided to add the Flip Camcorder to Jakes Favorite's so you'll be able to shop for them at Jake's Favorite Ebay Products.

Do you have any of the Flip Cameras?  If so, share your experience!  Have questions about the Flip Cameras?  Ask 'em!  I'll do my best to answer!  When you buy yours, be sure to come back and let us know how your experience went!  If you post your videos to places like YouTube, feel free to share the links here so we can all see them!

that is SUCH a good video! and it’s such good Quality :)

• Laura-Whateverebay said:

Great information on this. I would grad one now, but I have one its great! Its even nice for the kids, so easy to use. :)

Happy New Year

@ Ashley… yes it is and your little man is the star of the show!

@ Laura… these are great little video cameras.. i’m very impressed! Thanks for dropping by and Happy New Year to you and yours!

• mark vandermolen said:

Great post! Keep up the good work!

Thanks Mark! And thanks for stopping by!

• Super Bentley Captured on Video | My Life as I See It said:

[...] already shown you how much i love the Flip Video Cameras and this is just another reason why… Quick and easy and ready to go in seconds!  So [...]

• Sweet Deal On A Flip Ultra Series Camcorder | My Life as I See It said:

[...] Sweet Deal On A Flip Ultra Series Camcorder Mar.18, 2009 in Shopping, Things I Recommend, Video If you’ve been following my blog for any amount of time, then you know how much I LOVE the flip video cameras!  All of my videos here at JakeCpuNut have been done with one and I honestly can’t brag on them enough!  I’ve done some related posts where I’ve bragged on these video cameras as well as posts where I’ve used them for blog posts.  You can see those  HERE and HERE! [...]

• Make Money Online said:

Wooooow that is a steal truly. But i was looking at the Flip Mino HD and not the ultra. Any deals on that?

Make Money Online’s last blog post..How To Be A Public Speaker

yes it is! I may just get another one as spare to keep in the other vehicle! You never know when you’ll need a video camera haha.. and for that price.. can’t beat it!

Sure, there are always some great deals on Ebay for the Flip MinoHD. Check this link out and sort by price!