Home » Our Special Times

Our Valentines Weekend! How Was Yours?

15 February 2009 10 Comments

Well another special weekend has come and gone.   Last Friday's Video was of some of Misty and I's favorite  memories.  This past weekend for Valentines, we made so many more wonderful memories!

Even though Valentines day was Saturday, we started celebrating on Friday.  Friday night I took Misty to Bonefish grill for dinner.  If you've never been to Bonefish, you are missing out on some great food!  I had long fin stuffed with scallops, shrimp and crab cake, and Misty had steak and lobster.  They were both DEEE LICIOUS!  I highly recommend Bonefish grill if you've never been there!

When we got home,  I had set up a little something for Misty downstairs.  We sat in front of the big screen and I had made a movie for Misty, basically just of me letting her know how much I loved her and that sort of thing.  At the end, our favorite songs started playing and we danced on rose petals by candle light.  Sweet huh?

Saturday morning we got up early and Misty took us to breakfast.  After that she suprised  me with a massage at the Infinity Day Spa here in Mt. Airy.  If you live here and want a great massage and a wonderful experience, you will LOVE this place!  They really take care of you and all I can say is I was in la la land!  We both got a one hour massage and it was nothing short of heavenly!  Neither of us wanted that to end, but we had to come home and get ready for the rest of our day.

Misty had made reservations at one of our favorite places to visit, Chateau Morrisette Winery.  That's where I proposed to Misty last June, so it is a very special place to us.  We had lunch at the restaurant then headed over to the winery for a wine tasting.  Misty had also made reservations for the wine and chocolate pairings.  VERY NICE!  We had a blast.  The room was setup with several tables with about 4 couples per table.  They had 5 different chocolates paired with 5 different wines.  It was excellent!  The wine and chocolate pairing was a new experience for us, and along with that, we met some great folks at our table who were from different places and there was great conversation and laughter.  I hope they will drop by this blog and say hello!

A nice drive home along the Blue Ridge Parkway and then home for a few before heading out with friends for a movie.  Nothing like seeing Friday the 13th for Valentines hahaha.

It was a wonderful weekend, full of new and wonderful memories.

I hope everyone was able to do something special with your loved one.

Feel free to share what you and that special person in your life did for Valentines!

I got to work :P but you already knew that. I can’t wait to have a real job and get times like that off!

• Laura-Whateverebay said:

What a picture perfect weekend! Great to know that you and Misty had such a wonderful time! :)

@ Ashley – Yeah, hopefully soon you can get that real job! Hang in there!!

@ Laura – Thanks! It was a special weekend! Didn’t want it to end haha

• Brandon said:

Our daughters preschool puts on a nice valentines day dinner with child care provided. We went with 5 couples and had a blast. Good to hear you had a great weekend too!
    Blessings,
    B

@ Brandon – That is really sweet! That’s cool that they did that! Always nice to have some alone time!

• Make Money Online Tips said:

Fantastic weekend there Jake. Looks like you made the most of it. Thanks for sharing it with us.

@ MMOT – Thanks man.. yeah it was jam packed haha.. I love sharing our special times.. she’s an amazing woman!

• Donna said:

What time was you guys at the Spa? I finally used one of my presents that Barry gets me every year, a facial from Infinity. That place is the best!! I was up there around 10:30 Saturday morning. I don’t think I could get Barry to ever do somethin like that. I bet the massages were great. So glad you guys had a great Valentine’s day!!

Hey Donna! We were there early, like 8:45 so we probably just missed you! Yeah that place is GREAT! We won’t be driving to Winston anymore for massages haha

• It's Friday - Red Red Wine You Make Me Feel So Fine | My Life as I See It said:

[...] Misty and I visited one of our favorite Winery’s, Chateau Morrisette.  You can read about it HERE!  I’ve said many times, I love me some wine!  I’m mostly a red wine drinker and [...]