Home » It's Friday, Music Downloads, Video

It’s Friday! How Do I Let It Go?

27 March 2009 22 Comments

First off, if you haven't entered the March Madness Giveaway! Check out these two post by Clicking Here and Clicking Here!

Here we are again, another week has gone by and the weekend is finally here!  I can't begin to tell you how much Misty and I look forward to the weekends!

Some of you may laugh at this or say that there are more "serious" issues in the world... and I agree... but it is something I'm dealing with.   I KNOW Some of you go through the same thing and I'm just tossing this out there to see what kind of feedback I get.

I can't remember the exact date, but a bit back it hit me that I was spending entirely too much time reading and not enough time working!   I maintain around 8 websites along with my day job.  I realize some of you maintain a hell of a lot more than that and to be honest, I can't imagine your work load!

For the past couple of months I have worked my butt off adding content to my thin affiliate sites, in hopes of getting better rankings in the search engines, and in hopes of making more money from those sites!  Has it paid off?  YEAH BABY! I can most definitely see how the hard work is paying off!  Not too long ago I mentioned I had my best month ever in regards to  Internet Marketing ... well this month is an even better month and another record month for me!  I can only imagine how it's going to all pay off when the economy picks up!!!

But here's the deal... and again I realize some of you reading this have wayyyyy more on your plate than I do, but my brain is on OVERLOAD and I need to figure out a way to "step away" from it all!  Now when I say "step away", I don't mean give it up or stop working physically, I mean when I'm not at my computer or for example when Misty and I are out on the weekends... I need to learn to MENTALLY LET IT GO!!  Do you know where I'm coming from?  And it's not just the Internet Marketing...

Right now in our lives we have so much going on... again mostly things we're dealing with mentally...

• Misty is in the middle of getting her Masters degree and I won't EVEN go into all she deals with being a teacher AND getting her Masters
  • We're trying to plan vacation for later on this year
  • We're trying to plan a wedding for next spring
  • We're trying to plan a honeymoon
  • I work a 40 hour a week job
  • I work probably 3 to 5 hours a night on Internet Marketing and more on the weekends
  • We're having our bathroom and kitchen floors replaced (I'm replacing the vanity in the bathroom myself)
  • Spring is coming up and I have a ton of things to do to the house and lawn

That's just stuff off the top of my head... and again you may think there is nothing to it... and really there is not.. It's nothing we can't handle.  But my mind is just TIRED!  I don't have a problem laying it all down and going out on the weekends, hanging out with friends or whatever..  No problems physically walking away, but it seems like I'm constantly thinking of everything that needs to be done or things I could be doing!  Especially when it comes to Internet Marketing..  That's where I need to learn to take a MENTAL BREAK!

I wake up thinking about what needs to be done.  I usually stay up after Misty goes to bed or get back up after I lay down because I've got so much going through my head...

Sighhhhhh.... hahahaha  Don't get me wrong... I'm having a BLAST!  I love what I do and I thoroughly enjoy working on all that I do... I just wish I could CLEAR MY FRICKEN MIND SOMETIMES and just think about absolutely NOTHING! haha Can that be done?

Soooo... Are any of you out there in the same boat?  Any tips, suggestions, maybe you want to share all that you're dealing with to let me know I'm not alone haha!

Ok, enough about that!  Let's get on with this Friday's Video!

This is one of our favorite songs that we love to jam out to on Rock Band!  Misty and I have been too busy and need to get back on the guitar and drums haha!  Maybe this weekend we can jam out!

I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!  SMILE!  Make someone else smile and enjoy life!

Download Simple Man by Lynyrd Skynyrd

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Simple Man

• Penny said:

I’m in the exact same boat J. I never stop thinking about all the ‘stuff’ that is going on in our lives. It’s the societal culture that we live in! People are always doing something, working on something or trying to think about something they can do to make themselves productive! The only way that I can relax is by taking a weekend and going away with my honey. I only take my cell phone to check in with the kids and for emergencies, no computer (that’s like leaving a kid behind). We talk. We eat. We relax. I read something that has NOTHING to do with school or has any relavance to my life like a mystery novel. After a couple of days, we’re ready to come back and jump into reality again. Remember that, everything you need to do, is still going to be there. I still haven’t figured how to completely turn off my brain from thinking about all the things going on but this always helps for us! Have a great Friday!!!

• Divinity Rose said:

oooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Try Steven Halpern “tonal alchemy” sit and focus on listening to that record and you will have a hard time not being still :) Or try binaureal beats at http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/the_sound_of_stars … binaureal beats under music is how I started clearing my head years ago

Divinity Rose’s last blog post..When Faith Pays Off….FINALLY!! Help Name my RV!!

@ Penny – you nailed it.. Maybe we need to move to the amish country and live the simple life hahah.. NOT! They have no electricty, therefore no internet!

@ Divinity – haha in through the nose, out through the mouth! For some reason I had a feeling u would chime in on this post. Thanks for the info, I will def chk it out!

• Mark - The Niche Store Builder said:

Jake –

Good tune and video for sure man!! Always reminds of #3 for some reason… I will let everyone else figure that out!

Dude – you got the disease man!! LOL It WONT go away either… its like friggin crack (I assume, never tried it) … once you get your first hit of success… you gotta find ways to get more!

Welcome Into the Crowd! Cmon over and share your crack pipe!

Mark

Mark – The Niche Store Builder’s last blog post..Should you Convert a BANS Site to a PhpBay Site?

@ Mark – Hmmmm.. since you’re a SPEED FREAK i’m wondering if it’s a reference to Dale Earnhardt… just guessing ha.

hahaha.. yeah I think I do… so this must be what crack feels like? I actually thought of you when I wrote this post.. i CAN NOT imagine how you do it man… What.. 8 kids? Plus all the work you do.. man oh man.. haha

• Misty said:

Babe,
    I just wanted to tell you how proud I am of you. You work so hard all the time but it’s paying off …and already at a fast pace. …I can help clear your head. wink, wink.

• How To Make Money With phpBay Pro! | My Life as I See It said:

[...] Mar.29, 2009 in Blogging, Internet Marketing, Things I Recommend, Video In a recent post called It’s Friday – How Do I Let Go, I mentioned that this month was another record earning month for me.  The Internet Marketing [...]

Since this is the first time I have visited your blog, let me first start by offering my congratulations with respect to your wedding.

I wish you the best of luck during the planning process for what will no doubt be one of the greatest days, if not the greatest day of your life.

With all that you have described going on in your life, it is no wonder that you have difficulty switching off mentally.

Personally, I can’t really claim to be in the same boat myself. My job is not all that time consuming and as a single man, my own life is not particularly complicated.

So unfortunately, since I have not dealt with what you are dealing with, I am not in a position to make many particularly constructive suggestions.

All I can really say is that wish you luck in dealing with the next few hectic months in your life!

Andrew’s last blog post..Should disgruntled staff kidnap the boss?

@ Andrew – Welcome to “My Life as I See It”

Yeah we are definitely excited! She totally changed my world man and I can’t wait for her to be my wife!

It does get crazy and there is always alot to do, but i’m very thankful that i HAVE something to do and work to do, and i’m thankful i have a mind (sorta) haha, to accomplish those things!

Hope you come back and thanks for the well wishes!

@ Misty – thank you sweety… that means alot to me :) ohh you definitely know how to do that haha

• Sire said:

Good luck with that one mate. I remember only a couple of months back when I took my family away for a holiday, do you think I went one day without thinking, ‘shit that will make a good blog post!’ The thing is that I still relaxed and still had fun with the family and I only made one side trip to an internet cafe to see how things were tracking.

Sire’s last blog post..Thesis Theme Is Just Not Flexible Enough

@ Sire – hahahah… man you hit the nail on the head.. It reminds me of that cartoon where everything the hungry coyote looked at was a chicken leg.. Everything I look at look like a niche or a blog post hahah

It’s even worse now that I have a blackberry and get email updates and access to twitter and facebook on my phone.. Lord help me haha

Thanks for stopping by!

• Sire said:

Man, are you ever a glutton for punishment. You may as well take the laptop with you, or would that be too conspicuous?

Sire’s last blog post..The Quest For A Blogger’s Favorite Posts

@ Sire – Well…. hahaha We do usually take it but this year I’m going to try not to… UNLESS Misty thinks she can’t go a week without facebook and myspace haha

• Sire said:

Ah, now there is a plan. Sow the seed of Facebook into her subconscious so that it is her idea to take the laptop.:D

Sire’s last blog post..Beware Facebook Forgery Site Email Scam

NO DOUBT! I dunno if she’ll read this, but I bet i can go longer without checking my earnings and stats and blogging, than she can playing with facebook and myspace haha

Did i just say that? Maybe i need to rethink things cause I dunno if i can do that haha

• Sire said:

Heck, you might have to take two laptops with you so that you don’t have to fight over who gets to use it first.

Sire’s last blog post..Beware Facebook Forgery Site Email Scam

• Zaslony said:

That’s hard. That’s one of the biggest drawbacks to being self-employed: you feel like the whole thing is going to fall apart if you don’t pay enough attention to it. I know I wouldn’t be able to work like that – too much stress for me.

@ Zaslony – You definitely have to stay on top of it if it’s your main source of income.. hey it’s just a sideline to me but I still feel that way.. It’s worth the effort though and not too stressful.. just keeps me busy and GREAT sideline :)

• Marketing Business Review said:

Hi Jake,

I were on the same boat as you, but in April 2nd, my boss win over me the desire to fir him and he did it ahead of my previously plan schedule, meaning, I am a new Un-Employee. You should try this out I felt so liberated, lol. I have more time to do all of my online biz and more time to network with people, it feels fantastic, except for the lil problem of not having money from my full time job anymore. But I think this could help me to even let go some things and focus on the things I like, that is working from home.

Marketing Business Review’s last blog post..The First Day of My Freedom

@ Luis – hahah, man I dunno if i’m ready to jump ship yet! I had seen your blog post and felt bad to hear you lost your job, BUT, sounds like you are making the best of it and that’s a great attitude man! You definitely can make it in this internet marketing world!

Hang in there and keep us posted on how it’s going!

• Marketing Business Review said:

Hi Jake,

Thanks man, I will let you know how I make so much money so I can go and look for my former boss and let him see how great I am without the Company, lol.

Luis