Home » Blogging, Internet Marketing, Thoughts

What If You Owned Facebook?

17 March 2009 14 Comments

Ever heard of Mark Zuckerberg?  You may not have... but if you are a Facebook user, then you can thank him for it!

This year, Mark will be 25 years old!  Yup, that's TWO FIVE, 25!  Know what Mark Zuckerberg's net worth is?  According to Forbes', last year at this time he was worth $1.5 BILLION smacks! And even though he's dropped out of the billion dollar club, he's still one of the world's youngest millionaires...

Now's a good time for a couple of my favorite quotes....

"It just takes one idea to live like a king the rest of your life"  - Ross Perot

"Luck is where preparation meets opportunity" - Seneca

Mark Zuckerberg started Facebook from his dorm at Harvard in early 2004.  Facebook now has around 175 MILLION active users!

So what's the whole point of this post?  Just a reminder that YOU, ME, ALL OF US, can do anything we set our mind to!  It may not be all about the money, but just remember you CAN be successful!  All it takes is that one idea!

Lately I have been reflecting on this past year...

This month is one year since I started my adventure into the Internet Marketing world.  I remember last year at this time, I was trying to think of anything I could to make some extra cash.  I remember after dating Misty for a while and knowing I wanted to marry her, I was at a total loss at how I could afford the engagement ring I wanted to buy her.  After going through a costly divorce a couple of years earlier and basically having to start over, there just wasn't any funds for me to make that purchase.

I'll never forget how excited I got when I purchased what is now one of my favorite books and how it totally changed my way of thinking and encouraged me to start this journey.  I remember telling myself that I was TIRED of WONDERING if I could do this!  I was TIRED of thinking I would fail at it if I tried.  Man I'm glad I took that chance!

I remember thinking if I could just make enough from Internet Marketing to pay for that ring, I'll be satisfied!  Well, not only did I make enough to cover that, but now huge windows of opportunity have opened for me and not only am I doing something I love to do, I'm getting paid to do it!

NEVER under estimate yourselves folks.  Always remember, "can't never could, won't never will"! If you've ever wanted to try your hand at blogging or Internet Marketing, there is absolutely nothing stopping you but YOU!

For such a small investment, you could totally change your life!  You never know what may come from YOU stepping out of your box and trying something you've always wanted to do!  So I encourage you to take that idea and GO FOR IT! If you are passionate about something, you could have your very own blog and live that passion through it!

If you already have a blog or website, then you know what I'm talking about.  But even if you already have a blog, remember to always think outside the box and step through those doors of opportunity when they present themselves.

If you don't have a blog but always wanted to try it.... for $7 bucks and some change, you can have your own domain name for a year!  For less than $10 bucks a month, you can get a great web host that will meet all your needs!

The links are below if you want to check them out... if you have any questions, feel free to comment or you may contact me privately!

Remember the quote above...   "It just takes one idea to live like a king the rest of your life"

Go Daddy $7.49 .com domains 468x60

Hostgator Special Until April 1st - Use the Coupon Code LUCKY for 20% off your initial order!

• Make Money Online said:

That is damn impressive man. Really I should say that he is one lucky dude.

Make Money Online’s last blog post..How To Be A Public Speaker

• jim R. said:

Great story about Mark’s success! It is great to see young entrepreneurs like myself find success from an early age.

I think the most important skill is to learn simple business as well as know how to market yourself. I started by creating my own website and creating a network on facebook.

Both have brought me profit and I am very fortunate for that. One of the ways I make profit is by purchasing a reselling domains. This is something that anyone can do from the privacy of their own home.

I recommend choosing GoDaddy.com. They are a great company that even offers promotional deals to save you money. I saved big yesterday using these:

Slam1 10% off entire purchase
    Slam30 30% .com or domain

Let me know if you guys have any other questions or need advice! Thanks

Jim

@ MMO – I’m impressed haha.. Man if i could go back 20 years and know what i know now haha.. that’s the quote of all times huh?

@ Jim R. – Great input Jim! Simple skills in many areas can go so far in this business! The marketing part comes naturally to some, for some it’s a struggle or huge learning curve!

I’ve thought about the domain thing, and the site flipping thing.. I do know that it’s a great income maker! I actually saw that code and used it! Thanks for sharing it here and thanks for the help offer!!!

btw, I have 2 domains with established sites on them that I’m looking to sell.. contact me if you’re interested and I’ll give you the details! Maybe we can work something out!

• jim R. said:

@Jake

Hey Jake,

Thanks for the reply. I am not currently looking to purchase any domains that aren’t first hand purchases but I will keep you in mind if I come across an associate or friend that does.

Which code did you use? I used the slam1 code the other day and saved $10 on a $100 order. Not bad huh?! ha

-JIM

Jim.. here’s a link to the codes i came across..

sure thing.. just keep me in mind and if something comes up holla!

• The Almost Millionaire said:

Thanks for the inspiration Jake, stores like Mark’s get me pumped for the future! To our success!
    Brandon

The Almost Millionaire’s last blog post..How I Shaved $30,000 From My Family Budget

@ Brandon – yeah it def inspired me! Sometimes it’s easy to lose track or think you can’t make it.. then you read something like that!
    thanks for stopping by!

• Mitch said:

I tell people this all the time, and I’m glad it’s worked out for you. So, when’s the wedding? :-)

Mitch’s last blog post..Some Random Thoughts

@ Mitch – Thanks man.. Ummm, well if nothing happens, next spring! We had planned on Mexico but since so much senseless killing is going on there, we’re headed a different direction!

BTW, Welcome to “My Life as I See It”! Hope you hang around!

• almir said:

I wish i could but too many people have spammed it to the point thats its impossible for me to compete with them

almir’s last blog post..Review Of The Email Messenger “Mostly Known” As AWEBER

@ Almir – Never underestimate yourself! You could very well be the next Mark Zuckerberg! Now go fight that spam haha!

• coffee tables said:

that 25 year old guy is kickin’! he earned and he helped.

@ coffee tables – yup, and if he makes that deal that’s been in the news… his income is going to skyrocket even more!

• coffee tables said:

hey jake, i have an idea…why don’t you start your own social website hahaha, maybe you’ll become richer than him.