Home » Interesting, Thoughts

I Did It! I Reached My Goal!

20 September 2009 8 Comments

Two weeks ago, I was out for my weekly round of golf and as I blogged about two weeks ago, I had to make about a 10 foot putt to make par on hole # 9 to have a final score of 39.  I've had a goal this year to shoot in the 30's for 9, and today, I DID IT and I AM SO PROUD OF MYSELF!

Here's the crazy thing... I tried to not pay attention to the score today, but when we finished up on hole # 8, I looked at the scorecard and added up my shots.  Once again, I was going to have to make par on hole # 9 for a 39!  OMG! haha.. I just tried to relax and not think about it!

I hit a very good drive and I wanted so bad to get my 2nd shot on the green so I would have at least 2 putts at it.  Well I came up short and was about 5 foot off the green.  Soooo, all I needed to do was chip it close and get that par!

Well, my chip on the green was much shorter than I wanted and I was left with about a 10 foot put for par and a final score of 39!  THE EXACT scenario of two weeks before where I missed the putt and ended up with 40!

My hands were literally shaking haha!  I swear folks, I wanted this so bad and couldn't believe I was in the very same situation as I was 2 weeks before, with about the same length putt with about the same break.  I had been making some really good putts though so I just took a deep breath, read the green and stepped up to putt!

PERFECT!  10 foot putt with about a 8 inch break to the right... IN THE HOLE!

Ya'll... I was STOKED haha..   I wish I had thought about it and took a pic of the distance of my last put with my camera phone hahah..  That scorecard goes next to the scorecard where I got my Hole In One!

Anyway, it's really cool to set a goal and to make that goal happen!  I was grinning from ear to ear and even jumped up and down a little haha!

I hope in some way, this encourages you to set goals, be determined, stay focused and REACH those goals you set for yourself!

How well do you know yourself?  Are you moving closer to or further from your goals in life?  Start a journal today that records your hopes, dreams, thoughts, values, and even frustrations and disappointments.
Farrah Gray

Conquer The Seven Lies Blocking You From Success

• Weight Loss » Blog Archive » I Did It! I Reached My Goal! said:

[...] Original post by My Life as I See It [...]

• Mitch said:

Well, I’m not going to say it’ll mean much in my making my goals, but I’m proud of you and will continue reaching for my own monthly goals.
    Mitch´s last blog ..The Secret Is There’s No Secrets My ComLuv Profile

• Misty said:

Yay for you! I’m so proud of my handsome golfer!!!

• Diabetis said:

What would playing a pool game have an effect on our daily goals?
    Diabetis´s last blog ..Diabetes in the Eyes with regards with my personal experience My ComLuv Profile

• Laura-Whateverebay said:

Good for you! Goals are great for keeping you focused. Did you get this on video? Could had been a tutorial…..

I have charity golf game coming up and I am not sure I will do well at all :) . Guess I am gonna need to make a direct donation. But hey, it may be good for the laughs. :) )
    Laura-Whateverebay´s last blog ..MM – “My Girl” The Temptations My ComLuv Profile

@ Mitch – Thanks man… and it doesn’t matter what our goals are as long as we have them and keep reaching for them!

@ Misty – Thank you sweetheart!

@ Diabetis – I give up? What would playing a pool game have an effect on our daily goals???

@ Laura – I wish I had gotten it on video.. I wish I had taken a pic or something haha.. I was too busy being excited I guess!

Cool, ohhh now, don’t just make a donation.. GO FOR IT and come back and tell me how you did!

• water tanks said:

Congrats for your success and best of luck for future.

• water tanks said:

Success is not a destney, Its a journey. We all have to continue.