Home » Our Special Times, Thoughts

Jake Has Moved Into a New House!

28 September 2009 15 Comments

Just a quick post this evening...

JakeCpuNut "My Life as I See It" FINALLY has a new theme!  Sunday night I decided to take the plunge and change my wordpress theme.  I've been talking about it forever and actually was dreading it, but it wasn't near as bad as I thought it would be.

It always makes me nervous when I change themes!  I've never changed the theme here at this blog, but have on some of my other websites.  I actually have another website that I am building, and I'm using this same Arthemia theme, so it was good practice to learn the ropes a little before I made the change here!

But anyways... I think it's a nice change and the Arthemia theme is cool and much cleaner and neater than what I was using.  I may dress it up a little as time permits but at least I made the change after talking it to death huh? haha

OHHH, and if you can tell me how to show more than 5 blog posts on the front page, I'd appreciate it hahah.. HELP ME OUT!  I haven't taken the time to try and figure it out so maybe someone can make it simple for me!

What Else Is Going On?

Jake's Got a New Toy!

Well I made a purchase last week and it's some of the best money I've ever spent!  Actually it didn't cost me a dime because I sold some items on Ebay and used that money!  I bought a Garmin GPS-8 for Golf and I LOVE IT!  In the next few days I'll do my best to do a video review of it for any of you that may be interested in seeing it or getting one for yourself.

Mayberry Days - Rain - Good Times!

This past weekend was "Mayberry Days" here in our little town.  If you've never seen the video post on my home town, CLICK HERE to check it out!  Mayberry Days has gotten to be HUGE and this one was the 20th anniversary.  Misty and I got up early to go eat breakfast then up to main street to check out the parade and people watch!  hahaha... That's the best part!  Seeing grown men walk around dressed up in a sheriff's uniform, as well as the other characters from The Andy Griffith Show.  Seeing all the happenings at Mayberry Days is cool, funny, stupid and interesting all rolled into one! ha!

It was a cold and rainy day Saturday, but we had a great day!  After the parade and shopping around a bit, we shared a nice bottle of wine at Old North State Winery which is on our Main Street.  After that, we drove up to Round Peak Vineyards for another glass of wine (lovin that infatuation wine up there) and checked out the gazebo that's being built, which is where we will be getting married next year!

After that, we were off to Basin Creek for some really good food, then home for a nap and later that night we watched a good scary movie! haha

So it was a great day... even though it rained most of the day, we loved our time together and made yet another memory!

So there ya go, just a quick update on what's been going on and what's coming up!  I have GOT to do a video for you folks that I've been wanting to do!  Should be fun to do and watch so be looking for it!

Hope everyone has a GREAT week!

Let me know what you've been up to!  What's going on in YOUR life?

• Ridiculous blogger said:

I thought that you move to a new location.

Your new theme looks great!
    Ridiculous blogger´s last blog ..Life After Typhoon Ondoy My ComLuv Profile

@ Ridiculous – yup, new theme =’s new house! Maybe I should have titled it “jake has remodeled” haha..

thanks! I really like the theme!

• Ottidid said:

Great new look for sure.. I wanted to use this theme and actually uploaded and tried on one site… I little intimidating and then changed to a differnt one and never went back.. Maybe I wil give it another try… As far as the 5 posts you can go to settings and reading and then choose the # from blog posts to show at one time.. at least on my other blogs that is where it is at….

• Suzanne Franco Land said:

Hey – it looks great! You’re right … nice and clean ;)
    Suzanne Franco Land´s last blog ..BANS EPN Earnings Update July and August 2009 My ComLuv Profile

@ Ottidid – Thanks man! Yeah I was intimidated by it but after fooling with it a little on the new site, I learned enough to take the plunge here.. If you ever wanna try it and have any questions.. holla!

ohhh, and I have that setting you’re talking about for 10 posts but it’s still only showing 5?? Maybe something hard coded in the Arthemia theme?

@ Suzanne – Thank you! Sounds like you had fun in Cali but I’m sure it’s glad to be home.. even if you do have to work again :P

haha.. thanks for stoping by!

• coffee tables said:

hi jake, I like this theme and I actually tried using this but I can’t because of the error. I hope I can get it working, but I’m still contented with my thesis theme, its working perfect in my blog. can you check it? http://blogmatters.net

Jake Reply:

@ coffee tables – what kind of error were you getting? yeah I went back and forth on a few different ones and actually like the thesis theme too! btw, just signed up for your email subscription over there!

coffee tables Reply:

really? hahaha thanks jake. I will subscribe here too.

anyways, about the error is it possible because of the widgets? should I turn off the widgets first before installing themes?

Jake Reply:

You mean Plugins? Probably a plugin instead of a widget.. I had a problem with a few widgets.. i would suggest deactivating them one at a time and see if the problem goes away. Hopefully it’s something simple!

coffee tables Reply:

err…I mean plugins, yeah.

Maybe I’ll try that later if I change my theme.

Anyways, probably going to have a post with my featured blogging friends including you. So watch out for it hehehe.

Although there was nothing obviously wrong with your old theme, I must say that like your other readers, I quite like your new theme. It’s neat and tidy as well as being nice and bright – it certainly adds a ‘fresh’ feel to your blog.
    Andrew´s last blog ..Back home/back online! My ComLuv Profile

crystal wine glasses Reply:

Hi,
    This is really nice nice post with have your nice comment.keep it up…

• water tanks said:

Your new theme looks great! But there was nothing wrong with your old theme. Its nice change man.

@ Andrew – Thanks man.. I was just tired of the old theme and was ready to paint the house haha.. I’m glad I did it.. something different anyways! You all settled in back home yet?

@ water tanks – Thanks!! Yeah I struggled on whether to change it or not, but glad I did!

Yep, settled in alright, and glad to be back with the folks.

I haven’t found a job yet, and to tell the truth, I haven’t really decided what my next move will be from an occupational point of view.

But for now, I’m just loving being back.
    Andrew´s last blog ..BAE’s corruption allegations – make them face up to it this time My ComLuv Profile