Home » Beer, Interesting, Things I Recommend, Thoughts

Have You Made Your Own Beer?

29 October 2009 20 Comments

As I write this, I could sure use a tall cold beer or a nice large glass of wine hahaha..   Not many things get on my nerves, but my neighbors yapping dog is just about to feel the wrath of Jake haha!   I feel better just writing about it  :)

Anyway...  yeah I'm still being a slack ass here at the blog... just too much going on right now!  One of my buddy's and I have partnered up and made a rather large purchase of items to resell.  It's going great but it's time consuming and that's one thing I don't have a lot of!  Extra time!  Other than that I'm trying to keep my other 9 websites updated!  With all the changes at the Ebay Partner Network, everyone has kinda been on pins and needles in the Ebay Affiliate world.  I'm actually making more than I was before the big switch over to the new Quality Click Pricing system, but reading all the goings on around the web, you never know how things are gonna go!

One thing is for sure, I'm not gonna worry about it too much.  All I can do is keep at it and hope for the best!  I can't complain anyway, Internet Marketing has taken me WAY beyond what I ever thought it would!

Ohhh Snap.... this post is suppose to be about beer! haha  Enough about being too busy and making money online!  Let's talk BEER!

Dunno if you've noticed the new ad I have over to the right with the other ads, actually I've got quite a few new ads going on.  But one of them is for Mr Beer!  I've been wanting to make my own beer for quite a while and I haven't because of all the other projects I've got going on.  I've done some research and talk to a buddy of mine that's made a lot of beer, so I'm definitely going to give it a shot and hopefully soon!

The Mr Beer kits are pretty straight forward and from the reviews it seems like a nice little setup.  I have been told that using "pre-made" ingredients won't give you the best taste though so I'm wondering about that.  But I do think these kits will give me a good start and a better understanding on how to make my own beer!

Soooo, even though I haven't made the purchase yet, I thought I would toss it out there for any of you that read this blog or stumble across this post, to see if you have made your own beer.  And to see if by chance you've used the Mr Beer kits.

When I get a chance to buy the kit, of course I will do a blog post and videos on the process and results!  That way if it turns out good I can recommend it from experience!

So talk to me!

Have you ever made your own beer?

Have you ever used a Mr. Beer kit?

Do you even like beer? haha

My very own home brew – nope, never tried it before.

To tell you the truth, I’m more of a bourbon and cola man. Perhaps this is more because the popular brands of beer down here in the south east of Australia tend to be very bitter and tasteless. I just can’t enjoy them no matter how much of a ‘real man’ they make me look down at the cricket club on a Saturday night. The beers in Korea were pretty good though.

But no matter how it tastes, doing your own home brew will no doubt be a great deal of fun for you. Having thoroughly enjoyed all of the videos which I’ve seen from you so far, I look forward to this one with eager anticipation.
    Andrew´s last blog ..Should models be sacked for being ‘too fat’ My ComLuv Profile

Jake Reply:

Well I’m just the opposite haha.. actually I use to enjoy liquor more than beer, but I’ve gotten to where I enjoy beer much more than the harder stuff. The sweeter drinks are just too sweet and I’ve never acquired a taste for drinks like bourbon etc etc..

AND, as you’ll see in other replies below.. I got a Mr Beer kit for my birthday Saturday! SOOO, in the next few days I’ll begin making my first batch and definitely do a video!

• EZtuts said:

Would love to make my own beer. Please share the procedure too so that we could make our own beer too for free.
    EZtuts´s last blog ..Dark color entices sleep My ComLuv Profile

Jake Reply:

Welcome EZtuts! As I replied to Andrew above.. I got a kit Saturday so the videos and my first brew making experience will be coming soon!

• Elijah said:

I’m here baby! You know I haven’t forgotten about my buddy Jake! Dude, that home brew kit is pretty damn sexy looking. I’m such a beer enthusiast, and making my own brew is something I plan to do when I have the time and can afford that bionic liver NASA is working on.
    Elijah´s last blog ..Elijah’s Idiot-Free Halloween Guide For 2009 My ComLuv Profile

Jake Reply:

What is up E to the lijah!! Man it’s good to hear from you! I know you’ve been round and round with all your internet connection problems but I’m so glad to see you rolling again!

Dude I got a kit from my fiance’ for my b’day Saturday so I’ll be making my first batch ASAP! ha! I’m stoked! Keep an eye out for the vids!

haha bionic liver haha

• Aluminum Fencing said:

it is really a interesting article with have a great idea.
    Aluminum Fencing´s last blog ..Largest suppliers of fencing and decking My ComLuv Profile

Jake Reply:

Yo! right right…

• water tanks said:

Jake Reply:

It’s interesting… since I got my new kit yesterday, I’ve been doing alot of reading on the different types of beers and how they taste so different in different parts of the world. Hopefully mine will turn out drinkable :)

• Karcianki said:

Once I tried to do my own beer with my dad. But we end up in total failure ;) It’s big satsifaction when you can drink your own beer but it’s cheper when you buy it. So I will stick to the second idea ;)
    Karcianki´s last blog ..Wiochmen Rejser My ComLuv Profile

Jake Reply:

Welcome to the blog Karcianki! When you tried it, was it from scratch or did you use a kit?

I guess the price depends on where you are and what type beer you buy. 99% of the time I buy bud light and it cost me anywhere from .65 to .80 cents for a 12oz can, depending on how much I buy at a time etc etc…

I realize the kit is 50 bucks (if you buy the one that comes with reusable bottles, which i recommend) and that initial cost is more. BUT, after that, the refills (depending on what you buy) can run anywhere from $1.10 to like $1.30 for 12oz.

Btw, you can get the refills cheaper on Ebay and Amazon which I will be providing links for!

But anyway, I don’t mind paying a little extra to make my own and be able to fine tune it to my taste and even experiment with all kinds of varieties!

I’m getting excited just thinking about it haha

Karcianki Reply:

I used the kit. I won’t help you cause I’m not specialist. My dad want to try it and we bought some complete basic set on Ebay and tried to produce beer;)
    Karcianki´s last blog ..Wiochmen Rejser My ComLuv Profile

• coffee tables said:

I’m sure you are going to have a video of this soon. I will surely watch out for that jake hahaha.

Nice adventure again!

Jake Reply:

Yes! Actually I made my very first batch tonight! I did video it and will have it up hopefully sometime this week!

• coffee tables said:

I’ll watch out for that jake.

• QuietGuy said:

I know how you feel about that neighbor’s yapping dog.

When I open my door, home or car, the neighbor’s dogs start barking. I’m trying something new– maybe this will work for you– A spray bottle with vinegar in it.

I’ve started carrying it with me whenever I go outside. You don’t spray it at the barking dog, but in the air over the dog.

Jake Reply:

Thanks for stopping by QuietGuy! I’ll definitely give that a shot.. i guess that’s more appropriate than some other things i had in mind haha

• data recovery software said:

Congratulation to make the new beer and enjoy with your friends. I don’t like usually but occasionally i use it. u share your life with us very good post as well.

• pen tablet said:

I like beer ;) Like every healthy human being :D But seriously I’m considering a small enterprise that would include the production of my own beer (for my use only for start) and I wonder how would it taste…