Home » Our Special Times, Things I Recommend

What Would We Do Without Weekends?

19 October 2009 13 Comments

Geeeez?  Has it been 11 days since I did a blog post?  Terrible! haha  I need to get on the ball!  There's just too much going on right now and I reckon this blog is feeling the brunt of that!  Maybe I can get caught up on my other projects soon and get something on here worth reading??

I did want to take a few moments and talk about our weekend getaway!  We live for the weekends around here and we have been looking forward to this past weekend for a while!  Well it's come and gone and now we have more great memories of good times with great friends!

cabinOur weekend started as Misty and I and our great friends DJ and Ashley headed out to the mountains last Friday to one of our favorite little places to stay, Cabins on Laural Creek.  If you live in this area and you ever want to get away, this is an awesome place!  Very affordable and a great location!  Deer everywhere, wild turkeys (not the liquor) haha and beautiful views!

Friday night we drove over to West Jefferson to a great little dive bar called Black Jack's Pub & Grill.  They have great drinks (Fat Tire) haha and just a small menu of foods that are really good!  Misty and Ashley even did a little karaoke as you can see in the pic!karaoke

Saturday I got up and cooked breakfast for all of us... bacon, sausage, eggs, (fake) gravy and toast.  YUMMY if I do say so myself!  I really enjoy cooking, especially breakfast!  After lunch we took off to one of our favorite wineries, Thistle Meadow, and did a wine tasting, got a few bottles and headed back to the cabin to chill.  We LOVE wine!  We finished the evening with some great food at Freeborne's Bar and Grille and then home to make smores (graham crackers, chocolate and marshmallows).  That was interesting because it was about 34 degrees outside, and the wind was blowing about 20 mph.  But hey, my sweetheart wanted smores so we were gonna have smores! haha

firepitYou gotta realize how bad I HATE cold weather...  soo, DJ and I braved the wind and freezing temps, to build the ladies a nice fire so we could stand out there and freeze our asses off for a little while and eat smores haha..  It was great though, lots of laughs and even though my ass cheeks had icicles hanging from them, it was well worth it!  hahaha

Sunday morning, packed up and ready to head home.  We had breakfast at The Bluff's restaurant on the Blue Ridge Parkway.  AWESOME FOOD!  Then a nice ride home via the parkway enjoying the scenery and fall leaves which were at their peak!

It's always tough coming back home and going back to work, but hey, as I always say, work hard, play hard right?  We enjoy our weekends and especially when we can get away on a nice little trip like that!

Anyways... I hope everyone is doing great!

Talk to me and tell me what's new?

What's going on in that great big world out there?

• water tanks said:

You have great weakend, After reading this post we can say that you have enjoy it very much.

Jake Reply:

We more than enjoy it! We make sure to live it up every chance we get haha

• coffee tables said:

Wow you really have an adventurous life. Sometime maybe next week I can post about some of our trip, I hope you’ll check it. We both have adventurous life :)

Jake Reply:

Well… not too adventurous, but always interesting haha :)

Looking forward to your post!!! I’ll definitely check it out!

• Diabetis said:

Honestly a weekend for me is just like any other day because I am just working at the comfort of my house.
    Diabetis´s last blog ..Owen Mumford AJ 1300 Autoject 2 Injection Aid My ComLuv Profile

Jake Reply:

That stinks, maybe you can get out some and live it up? What’s holding ya back?

• Suzanne Franco Land said:

Hey there … that’s awesome!!!!!!!!! What a cute place … and wine tasting you know I’m envious. I’ll be blogging more consistently too now that I have my biz partner LOL … I’m so excited about “work” now. Thanks for sharing this … it’s a bright spot in my mixed up day (you know me always some tech issue LOL). *huGs* to you both! Suzanne
    Suzanne Franco Land´s last blog ..Exciting News! Introducing My New Business Partner … My ComLuv Profile

Jake Reply:

Yo WAHM! Now is this the beginning of a big corporation? You expanding and hiring on folks? haha Glad to hear you’re all partnered up! I’m sure you’re excited and I’m sure they’ll be some great things going on over at Suzanne Land land haha! (been waiting to say that!)

Hope you got your techy stuffs figured out :)

Sounds like a great weekend – that little cabin out there looks awesome!

And Misty and Ashley really look like they are getting into that karaoke. That’s one thing I really loved when I lived in Korea – singing rooms. Basically, after an evening’s ‘work’ at the local beer house, the Koreans just loved to channel their emotion into some good old songs (each group has their own private room). I learned one Korean song which I sang on a regular basis, and I found that a few beers really helped me to feel the emotion of songs by Westlife and others.

Anyhow, glad to hear that you had such a great weekend. You may sometimes feel sad when it’s over, but at least you can say that you have had a truly satisfying couple of days.
    Andrew´s last blog ..Should models be sacked for being ‘too fat’ My ComLuv Profile

Jake Reply:

Well Andrew, you definitely got one up on me.. I’ve never gotten the nerve to sing yet… I don’t think any amount of beer would help me haha.. I need to just let go huh?

Dude you definitely should have taken some videos of that.. i would have loved to have seen it! Sounds like a blast!!

• water tanks said:

We make sure to live it up every chance we get haha.. It is the great understand after all.

• Millionaire Acts said:

Everyone looks ahead for Fridays as the next day would be weekends! :)

As for me, weekends are time for me to have more sleep since during working days, I usually wake up around 5:30am.
    Millionaire Acts´s last blog ..How to Fight Inflation My ComLuv Profile

• harley rental miami said:

Surely I would not survive without weekends. Every week need to be finished in a way that gives me a boost for next five days. Last week I went for a little trip to my daughter (about 50 miles away) and this weekend I tried to cope with some job at home I was thinking about for over a month.