Home » Beer, Things I Recommend, Video

Jake Has Bottled His First Batch of Mr Beer!

25 November 2009 12 Comments

First off... HAPPY THANKSGIVING to everyone!  I am so thankful for everything and everyone in my life.  We all have so much to be thankful for and I hope each of you take time to reflect on what you have, and not what you do not have!  Remember to make every day count!

I wanted to do a quick post on my progress with the Mr Beer kit.  Be sure to check out the links below that will take you to the first 2 videos and also a link to make some purchases if you are interested...

As you will see in the video, I've bottled my first batch of beer using the Mr Beer kit.  Everything is going great and Thursday I will do a taste test and see how it's going... you can see the details in the video.  I'm stoked and can't wait to start brewing my next batch of home brew which will probably be next weekend if all goes well!

So check out the links and the video and please be sure to comment either here or on YouTube.

Everyone have a GREAT holiday weekend!

CLICK HERE For Mr Beer Kits - Mr Beer Refills - Mr Beer Accessories

CLICK HERE to See The First Two Videos on Jake's First Home Brew

• crystal wine glasses said:

Wow!!It is really a great kit with have good info related to that have you suggest.But is honey mead possible to make in a mr. beer kit?

• Karcianki said:

Congrats that you’re sucessful with this beer :)
    Karcianki´s last blog ..Wiochmen Rejser My ComLuv Profile

• water tanks said:

First get some taste buds, coors or coors lite is for wussies. Second get yourself a real kit, I was given a mr. beer kit for christmas and made a batch, it was allright, but I went and bought a real kit and made real beer and my beers are off the chain!

haha… I agree that after drinking lots of different beers, Jake won’t be drinking coors or coors lite anymore! Or even Bud Light if i can help it..

BUT

I’m sitting here, drinking a beer from my Mr Beer kit and I’ll have to say it is AWESOME! I MADE BEER :)

I agree that Mr Beer is great for beginners but again I’ll have to say from reading so much out there on the Internet, that so many veteran beer makers love this kit and I’ll have to say I do too! There’s a huge variety of extracts available and you can tweak them however you like.

I’ll definitely be doing all grain at some point but I’m sure I’ll always be using the Mr Beer kit for 2 gallon batches and experimenting.

Just curious.. which beer did you make with the Mr Beer kit and which “real kit” would you recommend?

• data recovery software said:

Congratulation for your success and u are doing very well and we all want to do some great in his life and keep doing your work with good afford. very Nice Post and Thanks for sharing with us .

Bet you enjoyed that test taste!

It must be just about ready by now – I bet you just can’t wait! Wish I could be there to taste it with you!
    Andrew´s last blog ..Should jumps racing be banned? My ComLuv Profile

Jake Reply:

What up Andrew! I just now got my video edited and I’m uploading it as I type this… the first taste test was a FLAT BEER! BUT, since doing the video I’m about to upload, I’ve done another taste test and it is GREAT! I’ll get one on that hopefully soon!

Maybe someday we can meet up bro!

• My Life as I See It » Blog Archive » Mr Beer Carbonation Update Plus Homemade Wine said:

[...] Beer kit.  If you haven't seen them CLICK HERE to check them out.  Since the last video where I Bottled My First Batch, several things have [...]

• Beginners Blogging Guide said:

excited! But will it taste like the beer you usually have? haha

As much fun as you have no doubt had in making it, the ‘taste test’ is where you learn how successful or otherwise your endeavors have been.

I am glad to hear that the end result appears to be a very successful outcome.
    Andrew´s last blog ..Niger Delta Crisis – Big Oil’s Big Lesson My ComLuv Profile

• crystal wine glasses said:

You want to bottle your beer with as little yeast in the bottle as possible. Try to leave all of the yeast sludge on the bottom of the fermenter and out of your beer.

• crystal wine glasses said:

It’s fine to prime each bottle with a teaspoon of dry sugar per bottle. That’s the way I’ve done it and my beer turned out fine.